Our main concern in business is the well being of macadamia producers. We are producers and we understand producers; their risks, their ambitions, their challenges, their vulnerabilities and their fears.
As producers we were exposed to various aspects in the industry of great concern:
- Constant cyclical instability in the market characterized by extreme price fluctuations.
- The possibility of processors taking advantage of producers when demand is low and supply is high.
- The potential of unethical conduct by some of the processors as far as pricing, accurate crack-out results, and exchange rate gains were concerned.
- Poor quality product that found its way to markets that brought macadamias into disrepute.
- Unnecessary wastage of product due to inadequate processing practices.
- Inability to cope with large intake volumes when it really matters.
Because of these reasons we desired to improve on processing equipment and processes, and to own the supply chain – with direct access to the market where we could build strong partnerships.
The benefits we achieved by doing this, we are now prepared to share with other producers.